Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 5 : Obstacle Course and Devasted Sketches

Today i got an e-critique for the week 4's assignment. I was lucky enough that there wasn't much to critique on, As per my mentor :) So that means i can concentrate totally one my Week 5 assignment. Anyways this week we have to concentrate on very important principles of animation and use them in our assignment.

1. Squash and Stretch

2. Anticipation

I am not going into detail about the principles, just remember to use it in right place at right time and at right amount, Getting these two right will make up your animation and screwing up the two is gonna screw up your work even more, that's my thought in simple terms :)

Well this week I got to animate a ball using both the mentioned principles, going through some obstacle course and coming to a stop. There is a limit in number of  frames, in which we have to fit in the whole animation. I really like this concept of giving us limited number of frames to work in, this is really a great exercise that will prepare me to think for, and work with assigned number of frames for a particular shot in future :) The assignment seems to be simple but it isn't by any means, Such exercise makes me feel and reminds, that this is why planning is so important in order to get the performance that we need. Seriously, Planning is a great life saver for animators. The more you plan your Shots before diving into the 3D package you use, The best output you at the end.

I have planned out the scene of the obstacle course and will put in here for everyone to see it later, that might be helpful to someone and some can definitely give feedback to me too :) I am done with the sketching assignment already, but will be leaving the posing in 3d part for the end as right now i got to work with Maya for the obstacle course.

Will get back here once am done with my assignment till then...

Ciao

- A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment