Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 2 Assignment

Everyone might be thinking where the heck did week 1 go :)
Well we didn't have any assignment for week 1, it was a time to just get familiar to the the AM community, look around everyone's work and be familiar to stuffs that we should be on the AM site. So there isn't any assignment that can be uploaded for the week 1.

Week two, We were supposed to do a thing that i never have always been very bad at : Sketching,
yeah that;s right i really am scared with this stuff , we were asked to get our arse up and see the world around us and make some sketches of people in different poses that might interest us. This was like a nightmare to me but well what else could i have done, Assignments need to be completed once assigned :P So i did it. I din't actually took a sketchbook and pencil along me, just went out and kept looking around and just memorized the pose that looked interesting to me and, sketched it out in the sketchbook, BTW i must say watching people moving around, studying their behavior is quiet a fun, Oh BTW i did a Stick figure drawings for my sketches as you can see in the image itself. But my mentor asked me to add volume to the figure as that will help me understand how human body reacts to weights and forces etc. And i tell you this point is really important to me :) BTW once we were done with the sketches we had to make a choice of one sketch that we liked among all the one's we drew and pose it with the character in 3D.

Here's my sketches for the Week 2 followed by the Pose.



 









The pose in 3D doesn't look like the one i have drawn, but that's what we have to do as an animator make things more interest to look at. The 3D pose is the final output that i had done after the critique of my mentor for this term, BTW my mentor for this term is Ruth Daly, she is such a sweet person really love being in her class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment